Food Safety | Better Busines for All | Tees Valley

Better Business for All - Food Safety

Do you have any regulatory concerns for your business?

Not sure what regulations your business needs to comply with?

Are you planning to produce, store or sell food & drink? 

If you are then you will need to register your business with your local authority in advance and have written food safety management procedures. You will be subject to ongoing food safety inspections by your council as part of their Food Hygiene Ratings Scheme.

Do you intend to process food of animal origin (meat, fish, milk, dairy & egg)?

If you do then your premises will need to be approved by your local authority.

Any person that handles food must have the appropriate training in food hygiene.

The Food Standards Agency has some fantastic guidance on everything food related including how to guides and downloadable information packs.

You need to make sure your business is fully compliant and that you get it right first time and save money!

Please contact the Business Support Helpline to give them your business postcode so they can signpost you to your local authority.

Don't forget they can also provide you with free, impartial advice for anything to do with your business! So have your questions ready for them!

Their Business Support Advisers can help you with things like:


(please note this is not an exhaustive list, they can help you with all things business related)

For more information on these topics please click the relevant image below in the slider or the wording above. 

If you're a Tees Valley business looking for funding to grow please click on the

"How we can help" section in the toolbar at the top and then "Register your Interest."

Business Support Helpline
  • Business Support Helpline Twitter
  • Business Support Helpline Facebook
  • Business Support Helpline Linked In
  • Business Support Helpline You Tube
  • Business Support Helpline Instagram

© 2019 by Tees Valley Business Compass